Last Updated on December 31, 2020 by Jackie
Sleeping often becomes audacious even for the hardcore adventurist with every increasing inch of snow or every increase in colder degrees. Camping in winters or snowy weather requires special gear, i.e., best extreme weather camping tents to cope with the upcoming adventures.
So, we precisely tested all the winter tents, after detailed research and keeping customer’s reviews in mind, and came up with all the top-notch models, which are certainly not going to disappoint you. Keeping your needs as our top priority, we ensured that all these tents are durable enough to bear snow, rainfall, strong winds, and all other extreme weather.
- 1 10 Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents in 2021
- 1.1 1. Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Tent
- 1.2 2. ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 3-Person Tent
- 1.3 3. MXR Elixir 2-Person Backpacking Tent
- 1.4 4. NTK Laredo GT Sport Camping Tent
- 1.5 5. Eureka K-2 XT Four-Season Backpacking Tent
- 1.6 6. ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 3 Tent
- 1.7 7. Eureka Alpenlite XT 4-Person Backpacking Tent
- 1.8 8. Eureka Assault Outfitter Four-Season Tent
- 1.9 9. GEERTOP Backpacking 2-Person Tent
- 1.10 10. DANCHEL 4-Season Family Cotton-Bell Tents
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents; Buying Guide
10 Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents in 2021
1. Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Tent
An excellent example of the best winter backpacking tents, Coleman WeatherMaster, has been our top pick due to its durability and strength to handle snowy and extreme winters. Moreover, the latest WeatherTec System combined with insulation keeps this tent dry with inverted seams and welded floors.
Dimensions and Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3”x 10.2”x 10.2”
- Capacity: 10 people
- Weight: 0 pounds
- Peak Height: 80inches
- Material: Steel, Fiberglass
- of Doors: 2
- Area: 17×9 ft
- Welding-Inspired Technology makes the floor waterproof and sturdy by eliminating the needle-like holes.
- Coleman WeatherMaster features a high-grade polyester taffeta fly, fiberglass poles, and an inner-meshed tent, along with a polyethylene floor.
- The patented hinged door for convenient in and out, and the angled windows, which remain open during rain or snowfall, are some other plus points.
- The sturdy frame, zippered protection, protected seams, and weather-proof materials make this tent suitable for extreme winters.
- The large and heightened structure allows three queen-sized airbeds and ten persons to camp.
2. ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 3-Person Tent
No matter if you want to camp on the mountains covered with snow or any substantial rainfall area, ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian Tent is going to be the most affordable cold weather tents for you with its extreme durability. The smart dome-shaped structure with sturdy construction is spacious enough for three people.
- Dimensions: 79”x 92”x 54.”
- Capacity: 3 people
- Weight: 9lbs
- Peak Height: 54inches
- Material: 75D 185T Polyester
- of Zippers: 8
- Area: 5×43.5ft
- ALPS Mountaineering ensures durable construction with 75D 185T polyester taffeta fly and floor containing 5000mm waterproof coating.
- The free withstanding multiple pole system made up of high-end aluminum makes this tent weather-resistant while ensuring easy assembly.
- Multiple storage pockets are available in this tent to keep your things organized.
- It is not only one of the best winter tents, but we can certainly call it one of the best all-weather tents.
- This tent ensures ultimate UV protection, excellent ventilation, and the arid environment through meshed windows.
3. MXR Elixir 2-Person Backpacking Tent
MXR Elixir Backpacking Tent, one of the best extreme cold weather tents, is a high-performance gear with the most reliable construction for hardcore adventurists. Specially designed for mountaineering, this extremely livable 2 person winter tent is highly portable and lightweight, which you can carry anywhere easily.
- Dimensions: 84”x 110”x 40.”
- Capacity: 2 people
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Peak Height: 40inches
- Material: 68D Polyester, 70D Nylon
- of Doors: 2
- Area: 29×29 ft
- The sturdy weather-proof construction with breathable mesh and durable canopy ensures insulation and warmth when there is too cold outside.
- This three-season winter tent is spacious enough for two or more people, with still enough space for all other essentials.
- The glow-in-the-dark zipper, along with a built-in gear loft, enhance the livability and comfort.
- Moreover, when the winter sky is clear, you can enjoy the pleasant and tranquil view through an adaptable rainfly.
- This camping tent is exceptionally lightweight and ensures easy installation.
4. NTK Laredo GT Sport Camping Tent
An innovative family camping tent, NTK Laredo GT, is one of the best winter backpacking tents with a spacious but durably constructed design for a family of nine people. The extremely thick Nano-Flex Technology keeps the steel poles interconnected when the strong winds are whirling or snow is falling outside.
- Dimensions: 23x 15.09x 10.17ft
- Capacity: 9 people
- Weight: 59lbs
- Peak Height: 2ft
- Material: 190T Polyester, Polyethylene Floor
- of windows: 3
- of doors: 1 D-Style
- NTK Laredo GT Tent features an exclusive zippered E-Port inside for introducing an electrical lamp in the complete darkness.
- The ultra-slim micro-mesh mosquito material protects you from small insects and mosquitoes while ensuring maximum air reaching.
- The rainfly is utterly 2500mm waterproof and 50+ UV resistant to keep you safe and dry in the harsh weather.
- The anti-fungus, silver-coated polyethylene floor covering keeps your tent compact and closed.
- This heightened extreme camping tent comes with one D-Style large door and three windows easily in and out.
5. Eureka K-2 XT Four-Season Backpacking Tent
Here comes one of the best all-weather tents, Eureka K-2 XT Four-Season, equipped with all the sturdy features necessary for extreme weather camping. With many screened windows, this free-withstanding tent structure provides a roomy interior to up to three campers and keeps them safe inside from the severity of outside.
- Dimensions: 107”x 92”x 48.”
- Capacity: 3 people
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Peak Height: 4ft
- Material: 40D No-See-Um Nylon
- Package size: 8”x 30.”
- Area: 52x52ft
- Eureka K-2 XT features a 3000mm taffeta nylon floor, 40D no-see-um nylon walls, and 1800mm StormSheild plus polyester taffeta fly for enhanced durability.
- The dome-style sturdy construction lets the snowfall off the roof, making this .tent highly suitable for winter conditions.
- The polyurethane window, along with an 18-foot storage vestibule, brightens up the tent while keeping you safe and secure.
- The zippered vents allow ultimate ventilation and a comfortable environment, even when no window or door is open.
- You can sort out your gears through a 14-pocket organizer wall and a flashlight loop.
6. ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 3 Tent
With a worth carrying ‘extreme tag,’ ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 3 Tent is specially meant for hardcore outdoor adventurists who can’t compromise their camping due to severe weather conditions. The three incredibly strong aluminum poles in this extreme camping tent cause excellent resistance to strong winds without being too hefty.
- Dimensions: 80”x 96”x 50.”
- Capacity: 3 people
- Weight: 25lbs
- Peak Height: 4’2
- Material: 75D 185T Polyester Fly, 210D Nylon Oxford Floor
- Area: 48x48ft
- Vestibule Area: 36”x36.”
- High-quality UV-resistant polyester fly shows excellent resistance against water, along with adding two vestibules for additional storage space.
- The freestanding three-pole aluminum construction is much easy to assemble within minutes.
- The Extreme 3 features zippered windows on each door, a meshed top, and two entrances for enhanced ventilation.
- The upgraded 1500mm, 210D 110T oxford nylon floor keeps the interior dry while it’s raining.
- The rainfly exhibits multiple vents to enhance air circulation inside the tent.
7. Eureka Alpenlite XT 4-Person Backpacking Tent
Eureka Alpenlite XT is one of the best tents for winter camping, with the versatility to handle all the extreme weather conditions due to its robust six-pole A-frame construction. This 2 person winter tent can be your best friend and will certainly not disappoint you with its spacious interior, which provides a lively environment.
- Dimensions: 90”x 54”x 40.”
- Capacity: 2 people
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Peak Height: 3’4
- Poles: 6 aluminum poles
- Area: 31x31ft
- Vestibule Area: 11sq ft
- The durable StormSheild full-coverage rainfly creates a fascinating vestibule and keeps the interior out of snow and water.
- Six storage pockets, two flashlight loops along with two gear lofts offer a complete package for sorting out your camping gears.
- 7001-T6 freestanding sturdy aluminum poles and highly durable 100% waterproof polyester fabric make the tent bear extreme conditions.
- The transparent windows introduce an arid environment in the tent, keeping it ventilated.
8. Eureka Assault Outfitter Four-Season Tent
If you are a hardcore adventurist and don’t want to compromise on your mountain adventure, then Eureka Assault Outfitter Four-Season Tent is one of the best extreme cold tents for you. This tent is an ideal choice for those willing to spend a significant amount on getting absolute durability and strength.
- Dimensions: 102”x 90”x 56.”
- Peak height: 4ft 8 inches
- Capacity: 4 people
- Weight: 15lb
- of rooms: 1
- Fabric: Nylon
- Eureka Assault features 100% waterproof, durable floor and sturdy aluminum poles, along with a strong storm shield to withstand heavy rain and blowing sand.
- A highly compact dome-shaped design outside, with a roomy and arid interior inside, make this tent highly suitable for all seasons.
- It is equipped with two-panel doors to help control ventilation. It can also be used as an awning to increase resilience.
- It is constructed with four storage pockets in corners to help store products in icing weather.
9. GEERTOP Backpacking 2-Person Tent
Geertop Backpacking 2-Person Tent is the most affordable extreme camping tent on our list without compromising quality and sturdiness. The tent’s cost-effectiveness makes it convenient for beginners who don’t want to spend a lot on their adventure. The spacious interior is enough for a couple to enjoy in the wilderness.
- Dimensions: 82”x 102”x 45.”
- Capacity: 2
- Weight: 9lb
- Seasons: 4
- Fabric: 3000mm PU, Oxford Fabric
- of Doors: 2
- of Rooms: 1
- The sturdy and robust frame construction bears heavy snow and rain while keeping the interior calm and tranquil.
- GEERTOP Tent features a 3000mm PU rainfly, 5000mm PU oxford tent floor, and aluminum poles for cold weather protection.
- The tent is durable with two layers for weather protection and ventilation. An outer layer can be added easily for privacy and to keep the cold wind out.
- Another cherishing feature is that it is incredibly light-weighted for backpacking. It can be easily carried on challenging hikes in snowy weather.
- The two-sided zipper design makes it easy to open doors from inside and outside.
10. DANCHEL 4-Season Family Cotton-Bell Tents
Here come the classy dome-style Xtreme tents, DANCHEL 4-Season Family Cotton-Bell, with unique cotton material, warm in winters and cold in summers. Moreover, the two stove jackets, which can be covered with a flap when not in use, one the roof and one on a side wall, make this tent perfect to use in a freezing environment.
- Dimensions:48”x 157.48”x 98.43.”
- Capacity: 8 people
- Weight: 83lb
- Peak height: 118 inches
- Fabric: Canvas
- of Rooms: 1
- Area: 216x216ft
- DANCEHALL Family Tent exhibits a pleasant construction, which is tall enough to perform each task and spacious enough to accommodate eight people at a time.
- The four zippered windows and four vents make a convenient ventilation system for all four seasons. The canvas is providing an insulating atmosphere in winters.
- The waterproof floor with PVC material makes it resistant to rainy weather.
- It’s a glamping tent to use for family camping in snowy weather. Its canopy configuration makes a lively environment in winters.
All the models mentioned above are highly-rated by customers due to their reliability not only for the snowy winter season, but they are also called all-weather tents. Well, if you have been looking for a budget-friendly model with durability combined, GEERTOP Backpacking 2-Person Tent is certainly not going to disappoint you.
On the other hand, if a high cost is not a stress for you, then Eureka K-2 XT Four-Season Backpacking Tent will surely provide you with an outstanding experience.
Well, keeping your budget and purpose as your priority, check the best extreme cold weather tents above and choose the one which suits perfectly to you.
Best Extreme Cold Weather Tents; Buying Guide
You might be confused about getting the best winter backpacking tents when you have a variety of top-notch models, each of them claiming to be the best. Now, what you have to do? How are you going to make the best decision? Well, you need to consider a few things before purchasing any extreme camping tent. Some of those factors include:
Material: The first and the most crucial factor for the best extreme cold weather tents is the material. It would help if you ensured that the fabric is 100% waterproof and durable to bear storms and rains.
Well, it would be better to go for the thick-fabric tents, because they provide ultimate insulation when there’s extremely cold outside.
Construction: Your winter tent must contain an additional vestibule area to store the damp clothes, boots, and other stuff to prevent them from entering the dry living area. Moreover, the frame and aluminum poles must be sturdy and robust to keep the tent in place.
The extreme weather camping tents are specially designed for keeping sturdiness and durability as a top priority. Make sure the canvas you’ll buy can bear all the severe conditions.
Space: It’s not always suitable to go for spacious tent models because in winters, the higher the sleeping area, the less would be chances of warmth with your body heat. On the other hand, there’s a need to have enough space to perform all the activities you want.
You have to keep an ideal balance between the size and number of people going to camp.
Entrance: If you are sharing your camp with other campers or a large family, then you should undoubtedly go for the tent, having at least two openings or more for convenient in and out. Moreover, having more meshed windows enhances ventilation and breathability, so you should choose the best winter tents having an improved ventilation system.
Cost: Limited-budget people who can’t afford a hefty amount on their camping adventure, the charge for tent matters a lot. You can still have a pleasant but not a luxury camping experience with inexpensive models. Cheap tents lack a few features present in costly models, but they are equipped with all the necessary things to make camping worth it.